TRB offers American Institute of Certified Planners Credits for select, live TRB webinars:
||TRB is a registered provider with the American Planning Association's (APA’s) professional institute, the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP). AICP credits can be claimed by certified planners for attending select, live TRB webinars.
If a webinar is providing AICP credits, the webinar registration page, registration confirmation email, and/or webinar reminder email will provide details that the webinar has been approved by the AICP. TRB is not authorized by AICP to provide credits for recorded webinars.
Please visit the Certification Maintenance section of APA’s website to claim your credits.
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about AICP's Certification Maintenance program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org. APA’s customer service associates are available to assist you.
TRB offers Professional Development Hour certificates to attendees of select, live TRB webinars:
TRB is authorized to issue Professional Development Hours (PDH) for live webinars. PDHs are used by licensed engineers to maintain their continuing education credits with their licensing board. TRB is a registered provider with the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC)Registered Continuing Education Provider (RCEP) program. As a registered provider, TRB will be reporting attendee participation to RCEP, and provide a certificate of completion to webinar attendees.
To ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board, please contact your licensing board.
Some webinar subjects may not warrant PDH certificates. TRB will continue to hold these webinars. Please refer to the webinar announcement to determine if PDHs will be reported to RCEP.
TRB is not authorized by RCEP to provide PDH certificates for TRB webinars held prior to February, 2011, viewed recorded webinars, live meetings, or live conferences.
Attendees who want to receive PDHs for attending live TRB webinars:
- Persons wishing to receive a PDH certificate for a live TRB webinar must
individually register and attend the webinar. People who do not individually log in to the webinar and view the full session will not be eligible for PDH certificates.
- For groups, only the person who is registered and logs into the webinar will be eligible to receive a PDH certificate.
- Make sure that the webinar registration name reflects the person that would like to receive a PDH certificate.
- The registrant must log in to the webinar and view the webinar in its entirety.
- If registrants do not wish to receive a PDH certificate, then they may still register and watch webinars as a group
- After the webinar, TRB will review webinar log-in information to verify attendance. Then, TRB will provide the names of those that attended the entire session to RCEP.net.
- If you selected that you would like TRB to report your PDH attendance during registration and you logged in and attended the full webinar session, then TRB will report your attendance. TRB cannot provide partial credit for sessions.
- If you do not have an account with RCEP, you will be emailed by RCEP after TRB reports your credits with instructions about your free RCEP.net account, and instructions for retrieving your certificate.
- If you do not receive an RCEP email: Visit RCEP.net to retrieve your certificate. Enter your username and password into RCEP's site, or select "Forgot Password."
- For directions on printing your certificate, refer to this guide.
- FLORIDA PEs: Please email Reggie Gillum, email@example.com with your PE number.
- If you have attended the webinar in full, but have not received a certificate by next week, please contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu.
- If the attendee does not have an account with RCEP.net prior to the webinar, the attendee will be notified by RCEP.net about the availability of his or her certificate.
- TRB will update the RCEP database within two weeks of the webinar. After the attendee information has been submitted, the attendee can use RCEP.net to track and manage PDH certificates provided by TRB.
Presenters who participate in live TRB webinars that offer PDH certificates:
- All presenters must read; sign and fax; or, sign, scan, and email the Presenter Quality Commitment Form to Lisa Marflak, Fax: 202-334-2920, LMarflak@nas.edu
at the time of submitting this webinar suggestion form.
- Company branding and logos may be used on the first and last PowerPoint Presentation slides of the entire webinar. If there are more than 2 presenters, they must email Lisa Marflak at LMarflak@nas.edu their logo to be displayed. This includes the TRB, state, and federal agency logos. However, company or agency names may be mentioned in slides.
TRB Senior Program Officers or webinar requesters who organize live TRB webinars:
- We have updated our webinar suggestion form to include instructions for requesters who would like to provide or forgo the option to provide PDH status.
- Webinars must include a learning objective. The learning objective must state what outcomes an attendee would receive if he or she attended the webinar. TRB has provided guidance on writing learning objectives for webinar requesters.
- An outline of the webinar’s educational content must be emailed one month prior to the live webinar to Lisa Marflak, Phone: 202-334-3134, firstname.lastname@example.org. The outline will be included in webinar promotional materials.
- The webinar requester (or TRB Senior Program Officer) is responsible for ensuring that the presenter PowerPoint presentation slides match the listed webinar learning objectives and course outline.