TRB conducted a webinar on June 12, 2012, from 2:00 p.m.-3:30 p.m. ET that explored National Cooperative Highway Research Program (NCHRP) Report 708: A Guidebook for Sustainability Performance Measurement for Transportation Agencies
. Please contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
for a link to the recorded webinar.
The NCHRP guidebook provides a generally-applicable framework and approach to understanding sustainability, and identifying and applying sustainability-related performance measures for transportation agencies. The guidebook discusses the integration of sustainability measures into a transportation agency's core functions and also contains a compendium of sustainability performance measures and various other resources useful to transportation practitioners.
The webinar will be most useful to those who are challenged with providing useful information to agency leadership on how effectively their organization is meeting or can meet sustainability goals.
The webinar will provide participants with an understanding of the concepts of sustainability and the framework provided in the guidebook, including an overview of the resources available as part of NCHRP Report 708. The webinar will include a discussion of the application of sustainability performance measures, ways to use the guidebook from a practitioner perspective, and experiences of a public sector and private sector practitioner in applying the contents of the guidebook.
Webinar learning objectives:
After participating in the webinar, attendees should be able to:
Webinar presenters and presentation outline:
- Understand the concept of sustainability and how it applies to the transportation context (across a spectrum of transportation agency functions),
- Identify ways for a transportation agency to use performance measurement to address sustainability considerations, and
- Understand the framework and resources contained in NCHRP Report 708 to help develop a sustainability performance measurement program.
- Joe Zietsman, Texas Transportation Institute
Research approach and overview of framework
- Tara Ramani, Texas Transportation Institute
- Joshua Proudfoot, Good Company
How can this guidebook be used by transportation practitioners?
- Debra Nelson, New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT)
NYSDOT's application of sustainability performance measures
Questions and Answers from Audience: 25 minutes
There is no fee for employees of TRB sponsors who register using their work email address. In addition to employees of TRB sponsor organizations, the following are eligible to receive complimentary webinar registration:
- TRB and National Academies employees
- Chairs of TRB standing committees, sections, or groups
- CRP panel members who were involved with developing the report or project that is the subject of the webinar
- Members of the media
- Congressional staff members
Other sites must pay $49 per site. View our pricing page
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Professional Development Hour information:
A certificate for 1.5 Professional Development Hour (PDH) will be provided to Professional Engineers (PEs) who register and attend the webinar as an individual. For groups, only the person that registers and attends the session will receive a PDH certificate.
Individuals registered as Florida PEs are required to email Lisa Marflak, LMarflak@nas.edu
, with their license number.
TRB is classifying this webinar as an activity related to business practices. Please note that some jurisdictions do not accept educational activities in this area or have limitations as to the content. Please check with your licensing board to ensure that TRB webinar PDHs are approved by your board.
This webinar was developed in April 2012. TRB has met the standards and requirements of the Registered Continuing Education Program (RCEP). Credit earned on completion of this program will be reported to RCEP by TRB. Certificates of Completion will be issued to individuals who register for and attend the entire webinar session. Complaints about registered providers may be sent to RCEP, PO Box 1686, Clemson, SC, 29633. Website: www.RCEP.net.
American Institute of Certified Planners Certification Maintenance Credits:
The American Institute of Certified Planners has approved this webinar for 1.5 Certification Maintenance Credits. Please make sure that you register for this session and log-in using the link that TRB provides to your email account. We use this as your record that you attended this session. TRB only maintains the records of attendees who use their email address to log into the webinar, and cannot verify attendance of individuals who view the webinar without personally logging into the session.
To report your CM credits, visit www.planning.org/CM
(1) Login using your ID# and password.
(2) Select My CM log
(3) Select Add Credits
(4) Under Browse you have the option of searching by Date, Provider, or Distance Education and using the search box to type in the name of the event or activity and clicking go
(5) A pop-up box will appear. If this is a multi-part event you will have the option to select from a list of activities
(6) Please rate, add a comment (optional), and click on the Ethics statement and answer
(7) Click submit and the CM credits should appear in your CM log
If you have problems reporting your CM credits or have general questions about our CM program, please contact AICPCM@planning.org
. APA’s customer service associates are available to assist you.
Registration questions? Contact Reggie Gillum at RGillum@nas.edu
This Summary Last Modified On: 6/20/2012